There's no denying it: Homes that are staged well definitely stand out. Not only does the right amount of decluttering, organizing and accessorizing make your home more attractive, it can actually increase its value. According to the National Association of Realtors' 2015 Profile of Home Staging Report, 32 percent of buyers' agents believe their clients are willing to offer one percent to five percent more for staged homes. What's more, 81 percent of agents said home staging made it easier for buyers to visualize the property as their future home. If that's not enough to convince you, take a look at these before-and-after photos to really illustrate how powerful home staging can be.
1. Cool kitchenAttractive barstools and place settings make you want to sit right down for lunch! The hardware upgrade on the cabinets makes a big difference too.
2. Dining room do-overA fresh coat of paint and right-sized furniture create an appetizing room that's welcoming without being over-the-top. (Removing that potty chair from the picture was a wise move as well.)
3. Room with a viewThis living room went from sad to sophisticated with the help of the right furnishings and accessories. Who could focus on that stunning view with those flimsy outdoor chairs in the way?
4. The personal touchHomeowners are often advised to keep their rooms neutral and remove many of their personal effects. But by adding a few well-placed items to the countertops, this kitchen just became a lot more enticing.
5. The beauty of decluttered spaceOrganizing and decluttering go hand-in-hand with home staging. It's a shame to bury a fireplace behind so much stuff.
6. Updated decorMany consumers have a hard time envisioning themselves in a space if the decor is too distinctive or distracting. Keeping items current and appealing to all is a way to attract as many buyers as possible.
7. Bedrooms don't need to be boldWhile you may love the idea of an extreme shade, not everyone wants to wake up to dramatic hues. In addition to lightening the wall color, moving the bed away from the window enhances the view.
8. Brighter bathroomNothing makes a bathroom sparkle like clean, cream-colored walls. Fresh-flowers, white hand towels, and an elegant soap dispenser take this bathroom from drab to eye-catching without any remodeling required..
9. Gorgeous guest roomThis stunning space was packed with potential but failed to live up to it. In addition to new chairs, the right lighting and taking the photo from a better angle transformed this room.
10. Wall art adds a wow factorThe right wall hangings can take a room from comfortable to curated with minimal effort.
11. Less is moreHome stagers will often suggest placing some of your items in a storage unit to make your rooms appear more open and spacious. This photo illustrates why that's such a smart idea.
12. Accent on colorThe walls can stay neutral but adding a pop of color through accent pieces like throw pillows and well-placed chairs pull a room together.
13. Let there be light.This attic bedroom went to dim and dreary to quaint and cozy with the addition of a nightstand and table lamp. The complementary geometric patterns bring interest to the small space without overwhelming it.
14. Empty just isn't as appealingEven if an empty room looks great on its own, showing buyers how to show off the space is inspiring.
15. Every detail countsIn case you needed any additional convincing that home staging makes an enormous difference, this montage of makeovers should do the trick.